The holiday season is here! Plan a comfortable and safe holiday for the four-legged members of your family with the following tips:

Decorate safely.

french-bulldog-christmas-treeThere are a variety of decorations that can cause problems for your pet. Lightcords, when chewed or frayed, can cause severe burns or electrocution. Ribbons and tinsel can also lead to trips to the emergency room, often resulting in complicated surgery or even death. Prevent these disasters by keeping decorations out of your pet's reach.

Mind your holiday plants.

Mistletoe and poinsettia are poisonous, and ingested pine needles can cause digestive tract blockage. Keep your pet away from these plants and you just might save yourself a trip to the emergency room.