Contrary to the popular belief that cats and dogs are supposed to have bad breath, the first sign of dental disease, kidney disease, or a wide array of serious medical conditions, can often be a bad odor coming from your pet's mouth.
Signs your pet may be suffering from dental disease include:
- Bad breath
- Red gums
- Facial swelling
- Yellow or brownish build up on the teeth
- Decreased appetite or dropping food from the mouth indicates a painful mouth
Dental Care Tips
- Home Care: We are happy to teach you how to examine your pet's mouth, the proper brushing technique, and recommend treats and diets that support dental health.
- Regular Check Ups: As part of your pet's regularly scheduled preventive exam, we spend significant time examining the health of their teeth and gums.
- Treat Early: By performing regular dental cleanings, we can avoid many more serious, and expensive, dental problems like tooth extractions.